Supporting Clear Vision & Healthy Eyes for Your Child
We believe in taking care of your little ones’ eyes with a friendly, neighborly approach.
We provide comprehensive children’s eye exams starting from the age of 5. However, we welcome children of all ages to address their sudden or unique eye care requirements and support their vision development. If you have a concern you’d like to address, please get in touch with us.
We even carry an array of children’s eyeglasses to help them enjoy their vision in style.
Book your child’s next eye exam with us today!Book Appointment
Why Are Children’s Eye Exams Important?
Children’s eyes are their windows to the world, and good vision is for their learning development.
However, unnoticed vision problems can limit their academic performance, social development, and overall quality of life. Early detection and intervention, though, can help identify potential issues that may affect their vision and eye health.
What to Expect During a Children’s Eye Exam?
We typically start seeing our youngest patients at 5 years old. However, if you notice any signs of visual problems or have concerns about your child’s eyes, it’s never too early to bring them in.
During the exam, we assess various aspects of your child’s eye health and vision. We encourage questions and ensure that both you and your child understand each step of the process.
Using age-appropriate charts or interactive methods, we measure your child’s ability to see objects clearly at different distances.
Eye Alignment & Movement
We evaluate how well your child’s eyes work together and track objects. This step helps ensure proper eye coordination and muscle control, which are crucial for their overall vision development.
Through noninvasive techniques, we determine if your child requires vision correction, such as glasses, to achieve clear and comfortable vision.
Eye Health Evaluation
We examine the health of your child’s eyes, looking out for any signs of abnormalities or eye conditions that may require further attention.
Our optometrists consider your child’s overall eye health, visual development, and any specific concerns you or your child may have. We then provide the next steps to support their sight.
Common Eye Conditions in Children
Children can experience various eye conditions that may impact their vision and eye health. Some of these conditions include:
- Refractive Errors: Nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia), and astigmatism can be corrected with glasses or contact lenses.
- Amblyopia (Lazy Eye): Amblyopia occurs when one eye has better vision than the other, leading to reduced visual acuity in the weaker eye. Early detection and treatment are essential for maximizing visual development.
- Strabismus: Strabismus refers to the misalignment of the eyes, resulting in crossed or turned eyes. It requires early intervention to prevent long-term vision problems and potential social or developmental issues.
- Eye Infections & Allergies: Children are susceptible to eye infections and allergies, such as conjunctivitis (pink eye) or seasonal allergies. Prompt diagnosis and treatment can help alleviate discomfort and manage further complications.
- Eye Injuries: Children are prone to eye injuries during play or sports activities. A comprehensive eye exam can detect any signs of injury or trauma and guide appropriate treatment.
Visit Our Location
We’re located next to Urban Air Trampoline & Adventure Park. We offer plenty of parking in front of our practice.
- 3046 Lavon Dr., Suite 130
- Garland, TX 75040
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Tuesday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed